Friday, February 17, 2012

Possibly the World’s worst car is in Africa…



Most of my pieces for my blog are serious so I thought I would lighten it up…

Growing up, My Dad wanted to teach us to appreciate things in life. If you wanted better then you had to work hard to get. My first car came from a junk yard; and it was the best running car in the world. If you minus the fact the truck were tied down with an extension cord, it had once been flooded up to the windows with water (inside the car), sometimes you had to kick twice, pump three times before you could turn the key. Everyday something could be patched, tied or twisted together with a non-car auto part to continue to make that beauty run. When I was sixteen, I thought for sure I had the most unsafe car around. Until today…

Possibly the World’s worst car is in Africa…

Traffic policeman Moses Alfonso who told the South African newspaper, Beeld that “In my 40 years as a traffic policeman, it was the worst car I’ve ever seen on the road,” ”It had only two gears, the tires were completely smooth, the shock absorbers had been tied into position with wire, and the driver had been using a leaking five-liter plastic bottle, which he had mounted in the engine, as a petrol tank. Nothing worked. It had no lights, no wipers and only rudimentary car seats”.




The 1976 Toyota Bakkie was purchased last year for 5000 rand ($645.00). The vehicle was taken to the municipal testing station where it was discovered that wires was holding the suspension in place back and front. A plastic 5 liter bottle was the petrol tank kept under a bonnet and as well as no brake booster and handbrake and numerous other hazardous neglected parts


Sad to say, the car was impounded, so as for now we maybe on a new search for the worst car in the World since my silver Nissan has been out of commission for some time and this car is no longer allowed to drive around with its owner.. We will see were the next World’s worst car will show up.


No comments:

Post a Comment